Wednesday, June 2, 2010

First-time voters 2PM's Chansung & Junho


"When I think about how one person's vote can make our country a better place to live in, I get excited to go vote!" (Chansung) Despite their busy schedule, popular idol group 2PM's Chansung (real name Hwang Chansung, age 20) and Junho (real name Lee Junho, age 20) are going to make sure to vote in the nation's 5th nationwide local elections on June 2nd.
Of the six members of 2PM, Chansung and Junho have just earned the right to vote in elections, and will be voting for the first time in their lives.
On the morning of election day, Chansung and Junho will travel to their permanent addresses in Seoul Sungdong-gu and Gyeonggi-do's Ilsan, respectively, to vote at the polling stations there.

On the 31st at Seoul Youngdeungpo-gu Yeouido-dong KBS broadcast studio, they said with a serious expression, "We feel like real adults now that we're voting for the first time."
2PM, who wrapped up their promotions for their 3rd single album with their title song 'Without U,' will be leaving for the U.S. on the 3rd to take the opening stage for 9 American cities for the Wonder Girls' American tour.

On top of their busy schedules with music and entertainment programs, and drama and radio appearances, Chansung was recently admitted to the hospital with enteritis and was discharged today [June 1st].
Even with their busy schedules and unwell health, both young men believe that they must make sure to vote.
Junho said, "I am a citizen of Korea and now that I have the right to vote, I think of it as obvious that I should vote.

If I were to not vote, and later did not like the activities of the elected officials, I don't think I could confidently voice my criticisms," he said. Chansung said, "I watched my parents going to vote every election day ever since I was little, so I naturally developed the consciousness of 'Voting is something I must do,'" he said.
Junho said to Donga Ilbo readers, "Like the proverb, 'Every little bit adds up,' I think every single person's vote will come together to make our nation's democracy. I would like it if people didn't think of it as annoying, but rather all participated in voting together," and showed his trademark eyesmile.


source: Donga Ilbo via NATE News
cr:hottestunion

No comments:

Post a Comment